Friday, September 10, 2010

Still on the Planet and a Trip to Storyland

Hello, Bloggy friends. I have been MIA for a while. I was visiting my good friend, Lisa. Here are some pictures of Idlewild Park in PA that we visited.


Story Land is a part of it, and it reminded me of a similar place I used to go to when I was a kid.

Let's go through the giant story book and have a look.

The first to greet us was Mother Goose.

Here's the outside of her little house. Isn't it cute?





Here I am outside of the Three Bears house. Let's go in.





Hmm! This porridge looks like it's been cooling a little TOO long! :)






There are the three beds upstairs.







I'm stuck in the pumpkin shell! And I don't like it very well.








It's the wolf waiting for Little Red Riding Hood. Looks like he's taking a nap.


Here's the outside of a pretty restaurant where we ate.







I thought the way they had decorated the windows was so pretty.










The food was SOOOO good.











Now for some silly travel pictures.

"Any ole cannon balls down there?"












One of the three little pigs.







We had fun with these chocolate cigarettes. Remember those from your childhood?


We had a great time. Thanks for stopping by. Lots going on around the Sun Porch. I will share soon.













4 comments:

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi D! It's good to see you are back! Oh my gosh, your post brought back memories from my childhood--I was at that Storyland with my sisters--well, it must have been in the mid 60's. I remember being terrified and enthralled at the same time, and I am sure my parents have the same picture of us in that pumpkin shell (I did not like it either!) but it is on a slide. I'll have to see about having those old slides converted to digital! Thank you for this trip. Oh, I also remember those chocolate cigarettes! I didn't know they were still available. We thought we were pretty cool with them. I remember it was hard to get the ones with the red tip because they always broke off. Probably was the same red dye in m&ms that is banned now...well I've gone on long enough...really enjoyed this post...I am your newest follower (thought I was already but blogger says no-but you know how blogger can be!) Linda

Love Of Quilts said...

I enjoyed seeing your photos of the trip........when I saw the porridge I thought something wasn't good about it.. but didn't have a word to describe it then as I read on you had thought the same thing and described it prefectly. Good to see you back. Trish

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

We have a Story Land in Fresno too! Looks a lot the same! Fun to find out there is another one out there.

xinex said...

What a fun time you had with your friend, D. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Storyland looks like something my grandkids and I will enjoy visiting....Christine