Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Old Scrapbook

Hello, Bloggy friends. When I was about 19, I started a scrapbook. Going through it today, I found some amusing/interesting things I wanted to share with you.





HERE'S MY SCRAPBOOK. IT'S IN PRETTY BAD SHAPE, BUT HOLDS LOT OF MEMORIES.
I KEPT IT FROM THE LATE 60'S TO THE MID 1980'S

ONE OF MY PRIZED POSSESSIONS.


HIS REAL AUTOGRAPH. I WAS A BIG FAN BACK THEN.


DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE WINCHESTER MAN OF THE TV COMMERCIALS?

WELL I GOT TO MEET HIM AND HAVE MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH HIM. A BIG THRILL FOR ME BACK THEN. HEHEHEHE

AT THE FAIR IN THE 60'S,
 I GOT THIS CARD FROM A PENNY ARCADE MACHINE. I LOVED IT EVEN THOUGH IT HAD 1920'S PICTURES.  MY FUTURE HUSBAND WOULD BE A PRINCE! AND I WOULD HAVE ONE LITTLE PRINCE.


WHEN I WAS 19, I SAVED THIS PICTURE OUT OF A MAGAZINE.   THIS WAS WHAT I WANTED MY FUTURE HUSBAND TO REALLY LOOK LIKE. :)

HOWEVER, THIS WAS REALLY MY FUTURE HUSBAND, ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T KNOW IT AT THE TIME. I HAD GRADUATED WITH STEVE, BUT I HAD NEVER ACTUALLY MET HIM. I'D SEE HIM IN THE HALL ALL THE TIME AND MY GIRLFRIENDS WOULD TEASE ME ABOUT HIM BECAUSE THEY KNEW I LIKED HIM.   ONE DAY, I SAW HIS PICTURE IN THE PAPER AND I CUT IT OUT AND PUT IT IN MY SCRAPBOOK. THIS WAS SEVERAL YEARS BEFORE I ACTUALLY MET HIM.


WELL HERE WE ARE PROBABLY AROUND 1982. HOW FAST TIME FLIES. BUT I DO THINK I DID PRETTY GOOD AS FAR AS FULFILLING MY "FUTURE HUSBAND" DREAMS.

Thanks for stopping by to see me today. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

8 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

That is so neat that you cut the article out about your husband before you knew him! and I kinda think he looks like the husband you were dreaming about with his feet up in the chair! Dreams do come true, good for you.

Heirloom treasures said...

Oh what a treasure to still have your lovely scrapbook. Love it. Lovely family photo too.x

Love Of Quilts said...

What a nice scrap book and thanks for sharing it.... you did fine a prefect match for your prince.What sweet little ones. You weren't bad looking your self.

craftyles said...

I love your scrapbook, Donna. The ticket stubs is awesome. The best part is the newspaper clipping of your future husband. Just wonderful. By the way-I do remember the Winchester Man.

FlyAwayHome said...

What a sweet,wonderful post.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Your husband looks just like the man in the yellow chair you cut out!

Jay said...

How amazing to have the cutting of your husband before you actually met!

castawaysofyesterday said...

Your story is beautiful