Friday, December 10, 2010

I Have TWO Favorite Christmas Movies

I have two all time favorite movies, and I highly recommend both of them to my blog friends.




This first is "Silent Night LonelyNight with Lloyd Bridges and Shirley Jones.
He was so nice looking in this movie. :)

Shirley said this was her favorite movie she made.






This is the inn where some of the movie was filmed in Amherst, MA.
The scenery is snowy and beautiful in this movie.




My second is "The Gift of Love A Christmas Story" starring Lee Remick, who I thought was so pretty and a great actress. I never get tired of this beautiful movie.





It also has Angela Lansbury and Polly Holiday (Flo from "Alice")






It was also filmed in a beautiful New England town, but I can't remember the name.
You will love these two movies.
Thanks, Beverly, for letting us share our favorite movies this week on "Pink Saturday"
Please visit her blog for more.







16 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I had forgotten about them. Thanks so much for the reminder.

LV said...

I did not get to attend many movies when growing up. So my movie viewing has been limited. I am sure either one of these would be great.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow,
fun pinks...
thanks for the thoughtuflness.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You have selected some movies I have not heard of before...will have to look for them now!

Donnie said...

I haven't seen those two so I'll have to keep my eyes out for them. Hope you have a Happy Pink Saturday.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I will have to keep my eye out for both of these movies as I haven't seen either one!

Happy PINK SATURDAY!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

GardenOfDaisies said...

I don't know either of these movies, but I love the actresses in them. I'll have to put them on my Netflix list. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it but I've never seen these movies. I'm going to write the names down so I can go look for them. I love Shirley Jones!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Love Of Quilts said...

Yes I too liked these movies...I don't think there are many of the old movies I haven't seen....I would still rather see them then the new ones they are coming out with. Trish

Cathy said...

Great Movies!

Hope you are enjoying this holiday season. What a lovely Pink Saturday post.

Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Cathy

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

I had forgotten about these! Thanks for sharing them.

Blessings'
Catlyn

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your movies are both treasures. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and are enjoying Pink Saturday. Blessings...Mary

Maggie said...

I don't know either of these, so they go on the lsit with all the other PS suggestions- thank you!

Happy PS!
In Shoes We Trust,
Maggie Mae @
"Do these shoes match this purse?"

THE VERANDA HOUSE said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS MOVIES WITH US I WILL HAVE TO FIND THEM...THANK YOU...SANDRA

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I've never seen either of these movies! I thought I had seen all the good old ones, and I am thrilled to have the chance to find new ones! I will be on the lookout for copies of both. Linda

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and was reading this particular posting; just wanted to say that the movie The Gift Of Love is a favorite of mine; I recorded it years ago on a vhs tape and the quality is poor now so trying to find it on dvd. Lee Remick was a favorite of mine!
Enjoying your blog...love your colors/decorating in your home.
Cheryl from Canada