Sunday, January 24, 2010

Blue & Yellow Tabletop

Hello, Bloggy friends. It's Monday, and I'm joining Smiling Sally for Blue Monday. See all the beautiful blues over there for this fun meme.

Also joining Barb over at Grits and Glamour for the first time for Tabletops, Vignettes and Favorite Accessories. Be sure to visit her for all the beautiful ideas.





Today, I redid my cutting board table and wall shelf in blues and yellows.


I did it to match my blue and yellow tablescape I did for Thursday's tablescape at Susan's Between Naps on the Porch. (Just ignore that dust mop over there in the corner. Oops! :)



Closeup of table top.




You can't really tell from these pics, but my wall is a soft yellow.




Oh! I just LOVE my BLUE cow pitcher I got yesterday at Cracker Barrel. They have such wonderfully, cute things!





The forsythia isn't real, but today, I noticed the real one in my backyard is beginning to bloom!
JOY!



The blue and yellow picture was a Thrift store find the other day.



My "Sunny", yellow birdhouse blended in nicely with the colors, too.



After noticing all the soup tureens you girls have, I wanted one. I found this smaller one on Ebay, but I do love it.


Girls! Don't these lemons look real? I got them the other day at Walmart. A BIG bag of them for $10. I just compared them to my real lemons, and couldn't tell them apart. I love to use lemons in decorating/tablescapes!



Thanks for joining me today. I love it when you stop by!


23 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

lovely! makes me think of spring!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just wonderful my friend...love blue/yellow combo the best...and the lemons do look real girl...Thanks for sharing and hey the dust mop beats the heck out of my DH tennis shoe I had in one of my pics ha ha!! Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Jeanette said...

The lemons do make it look so springy. A great look espeically with it raining and cold here.

Stacey said...

Oh it looks so springy and fresh. Great job!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Love your blue and yellow display! Yellow is my favorite color, and it looks great with blue!

I'm having a Blogaversary Giveaway, come see!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love this! The blue and yellow are so pretty!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

SmilingSally said...

I love your soft color mixed with white and a pop or two of the more intense shade. Good job! Happy Blue Monday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Those are pleasing to my eyes, lovely! I just became your follower.

Blue Sky

Kim, USA said...

Indeed it's very cute. Haven't visited Cracker Barrel for quite some time now I think it is about time to visit and eat ^_^

Recycling

annies home said...

what a beautiful collection

Pie said...

Wow, it's very pretty. Great job!

My Blue Monday.

Eileen said...

I haven't been blogging but I am trying to visit as many as I can, time is short!

I love your home! It all looks so sunny and bright and happy!
Wonderful Blue and Yellow Tabletop!
Great job!
All the best,
Eileen

Ann said...

Beautiful pictures. Yellow and Blue have always been of my favorite combinations. Love the cow.

Gunsside - Norway said...

What a beautiful conducted colorful kitchen and dining room , nice pictures ;)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I see I already commented, but since I just posted a tabletop, I'm commenting again! I just love your pretty yellow and blue!

Katherine

Jan ~ BellaCasa said...

I like your yellows and blues. Thanks for sharing your sunny vignette.

Come to BellaCasa for a visit soon.

Unknown said...

Love the yellow!! So cheerful. The plates are so pretty.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Blue and white goes so well with yellow! I have a blue guest room and used a blue and yellow toile in the drapes ~ it keeps the window area so bright.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

This is just so fresh and pretty. Everytime I see blue and yellow together, I think of my mom. She just loved that color combo for the kitchen!

Sonia said...

I love blue white and yellow together...nothing is prettier than that combo! Such a pretty little table and everything goes together perfectly! Even on a gloomy day this would look happy and bright!
Miss Bloomers

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

HI this is my first visit--came by way of your comment on Brenda's post--love your home--and I love all your color choices!! I am a quilter and it takes alot of my time--but after reading and seeing your home pictures I think I should change--cause then I would have to always have a neat and clean house so I could pictures to show on my site!!!! By the way--in your post on the red flannel sheets--on the foot of your bed is a red and white yo-yo quilt--may I ask where you got it???? I am in the process of making one from a photo in a magazine I seen!!!!
Hugs, Di

CACHANILLA73 said...

Love that yellow color, so cheerful... my mom has a similar little blue cow ( sort of creamer or milk for coffee ) and little chicken to separate the white from the yolk... lovely.

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

A most WONDERFUL post. I love blue and yellow together and this made me very happy to see what you have done here!! I also loved the mop!! Ha--I would not have noticed it unless you had called my attention to it ;-)