Sunday, September 27, 2009

September Happenings

September was a busy month for me. Friday, several bloggers from Mississippi had a meeting in Jackson. It was at the "Corner Bakery" and was hosted by Lady Katherine of Lady Katherine Tea Room. Here she is setting her pretty table for us. Katherine is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.




Look at this gorgeous table she set for us. She grew the gourds herself.






My camera was acting strange, so I didn't get many pics of the girls. :(



She had a Halloween "Happy" for each of us with our names on it. The cute pumpkin had different kinds of tea in it. How sweet. Another blogger, Christine from Christine's Home and Travel Adventures gave us each a bundle of fudge from Natchez, MS. Yummy!




Earlier this month, I got to go to Atlanta. We went to several antique shops, and I took pics.







I really liked this girl's booth. It was all decorated for Fall, and I liked the way she did it.




I like to take pics, so I can remember how to do it myself. :)






This is where I bought my chargers that I used in my last tablescape. Click here to see them. I just love them.






I liked these pillows, but didn't get them.




Like the hat? I was thinking "Kentucky Derby" maybe.



Lisa thinks it used to belong to the "Queen Mum"


We got to eat at Aunt Pitty Pat's Porch. I always wanted to. It was pretty fancy.



Aunt Pitty's Couch




Some of my fall decorating.



Living room.


The door you see leads to the sunroom.





Thanks for stopping by. I loved having you!!!

16 comments:

Debra said...

Hey there Donna, loved the pictures, looking at all your fall decorations has put me in the mood to try a little decorating myself! Love that hat too!

Hope you are having a great day!

Poppy Cottage said...

What a wonderful post! I just love fall don't you? Thank you so much for stopping by and joining the party! It should be a lot of fun.

See you soon!
Sharon

Eileen said...

Great Fall pictures! And Aunt Pitty Pat's looks so cute, I wish I was close enough to stop in there!

I love your home, you did a great job decorating, it's so calm and soothing, so comfortable looking. Really lovely. And I love the fireplace!
All the best,
Eileen

Sharing with Sherri said...

Looks like you had a fun time on your trip! It's always so fun to try on hats isn't it!! Love all your fall photos and decor!

Sherri:)

Nancy said...

I so enjoyed your post. I love your mantle. And, then...I saw the white slipcovers. Okay, now I'm just plain downright jealous! :-)

Craving white in Vermont, Nancy

Stacey said...

Your home is so pretty! I like the color and the decor. Your get aways sure sound like fun. I look forward to trips like that every chance I get.

Lady Katherine said...

Hi D! Your so sweet! You did get some great pictures! Mine are not so great. I going to work on my post some more! Love the Hat! The fall decor is wonderful! I love those chargers!

xinex said...

Katherine and you too, sure created a pretty table and we all had fun, didn't we, D? I enjoyed seeing all your goodies! What a fun trip you have been having! Love the chargers...Christine.

Bearly Sane said...

I love all the wonderful things you girls do with pumpkins and gourds ... they are always happy things to look at!
Hugs,
Sandi

Dawn said...

I bet you had a great time with all you blogging friends. She did set a pretty table!

I love your fall decorations. Your fireplace is beautiful.

Dawn

The Old Parsonage said...

What a fun post! Chock full of friends and fun! Aunt Pitty Pats looks fabulous:)

Thanks so much for sharing part of your lovely home with us.

Leann

Tammy518 said...

I thought that was our lovely Lady Katherine. What a fun time you all must have had. I'd love to join in a blog get-together sometime in my area.

I really like your fall decor.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a nice post about lots of fun things! I enjoyed reading all about them!

I like your fall decorating!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna,
Love the pics...I had a wonderful time with you and the other Mississippi Belles...We have to do this again when Katherine get back on her feet...You did a wondrful job helping Katherine with the tablescape for our luncheon...Thanks for helping Katherine...you are so sweet...Have a wonderful seekends..I going to post mine tomorrow...been so busy since last Friday...finally I will be home to post mine...You can copy my pics if you want...

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Everything looks so fall-ish and pretty! And it looks like you had fun too! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

santamaker said...

Just loved seeing your photos of you get together and who would have thought, we'd get to see Lady Katherine! Gorgeous table and decorations. We have a Pitty Pat's in Atlanta too!
Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog. I am not a professional decorator, just have too much time on my hands...LOL