Saturday, June 6, 2009

Breakfast in the Kitchen

It's time for tablescaping again with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Be sure to visit her wonderful blog and see all the other beautiful tablescapes.












Good Morning. Won't you join me for breakfast in the kitchen?
We are eating light, and it's nothing fancy.










But we do have a bowl of fresh strawberries. Yum!









Aren't these napkins pretty? Somebody worked hard on them.










Would you like some toast and homemade applebutter with your orange juice and coffee?











We have a bouquet of fresh gardenias for our table. Lean forward and smell them. Isn't their scent just heavenly?











As you might have noticed, I'm one of those "red" girls. Red just makes me happy. I thought these pretty little strawberry plates and cups would go good with our little breakfast this morning. I found them at Burkes Outlet. Do you have one of those? They have really cute stuff. The juice glasses are vintage from Ebay.












I got the cute little salt and pepper shakers off Ebay, too. Thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate it.
Next week: "Daisies in the Dining Room"














21 comments:

ellen b said...

I love everything about this table. Those napkins are fabulous. Love the plates and the centerpiece is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Your tablescape is so vintage to me! I love it, the gingham and the strawberries - so pretty!

niartist said...

Mmmm - sometimes buttered toast and Jam with fresh fruit is JUST what I'm in the mood for, and this is a great setting. Love the plates! :) Thanks for sharing!

Kammy said...

I love all your strawberry items ! What happened to the strawberry jam, lol ! Those plates are so cute....I want some !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How fun! I love applebutter! The gardenias are beautiful and I like them cut low like that! Nice!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Wow, I'd be in heaven if I woke up to a tablescape like that everyday! Sooo cute!

Melissa Marie said...

I love this!! I am such a red girl, too. And the red and green combination is my absolute favorite! Add strawberries to that... and I think that is pretty close to perfection. ;) Can't wait to see daisies in the dining room next week! :)

Unknown said...

Such a lovely tablescape. The gardenias are stunning! I love the color combination. Everything looks so cheery and the napkins are precious!

Thank you for sharing

Tina

~~Rhonda said...

Love the gardenias! And the strawberry plates...how cute are they!! A beautiful tablescape! ~~Rhonda

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

I'd be honored to sit at this table and share breakfast. The dishes are adorable and the food looks delicious! Very nicely done!

Mary said...

Red makes me happy, too. ;) What a charming breakfast table!!!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Lovely table! I love the square plates.

Chandy said...

Beautiful table with the green and red! The plates are pretty!

Maryrose said...

Hi - I love your table. Those napkins remind me of my grandmother. She taught me how to embroider on things like that. What a lovely vintage look. Very pretty.
~~Maryrose~
PS Thanks for visiting my on my blog.

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is truly my kind of table setting! Sweet, cheerful and cozy. I'm not a formal gal. I love your little kitchen.
Brenda

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a cheerful breakfast table! This would be a great start to the day (even Mondays! LOL)

Anonymous said...

Red makes me happy too! So cheerful.... Thanks for sharing the start of your day with us.

Kay
North Richland Hills, TX

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

This table is adorable, but, when I saw the gardenias it really put it over the top for me. My very favorite!

santamaker said...

What an adorable little tablescape! Yes, please pass the butter and a little strawberry jam.....

The Tablescaper said...

Love those strawberry plates and those napkins are adorable. Happy tablescaping - The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on your table!! those strawberry plates & Cups are adorable. all together Yummy!!
Hugs, Jannet ; )