Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Front Door and Entry

Today I'm hooking up over at Susan's BNOP. Head on over there to see all the other great Mets for this Met Monday.


This is how my entry way looked when I moved in my house. The former owner had two solid, double doors, which I didn't like; plus it didn't let in any light. Notice the ugly dark, brown linoleum on the floor and the mauve colored walls.
Here's my new door, which lets in lots of light, especially with the side lights. I love my new door. Also I painted the walls a muted yellow (Indian Gold) and put in new hardwood floors over much of the house.



I love the hardwood floors. They are so easy to keep clean, too.











Here is the door from the outside. I painted it a color called "Dragon's Breath" recommended by the interior decorator. I think it goes good with the brick. She did a good job picking it out. Notice how the side lights are painted the white trim color here. We debated, and everybody thought it would look better all the same color.






So here it is painted. I can't decide which I like the best. I also painted the shutters and the garage door this color, which I think pulls the house together. I'll post these pics later.
Thanks for looking, I loved having you visit me!!








20 comments:

Margaret said...

I love that dragon color..so pretty and pulls everything together

Maureen said...

Beautiful! It kind of went from a black hole to fabulous.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That is not the same entryway!!! I would choose your door and light over the former any day!!! Beautiful!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Wow that is an amazing transformation. I love the color of the door and shutters (on the outside). I hope you will come over and post to my Its So Very Creative party.

Cheri

Kerrie said...

Everything looks wonderful! I love hard wood floor. We even put it in our kitchen and we just love it, so easy to keep clean! Kerrie

Stacey said...

D, that looks fantastic! Your new front door really updated the look. I love those floors too. We have hard wood and love it. It's so much easier and cleaner.

Eileen said...

Oh, YES! What a transformation inside and out! This door dresses up your house, makes it seem so much more homey on the inside, and it makes the outside of your house look so elegant and upscale!
Great job!
Enjoy!
All the best,
Eileen

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I like the new look! you have a beautiful home!
gail

Shirley said...

Looks great both inside and out. Definitely the outside looks best all painted the same "dragon" color.

Natasha in Oz said...

That is so incredibly different! You have really lightened up the whole area now. You must be so happy with the results.
Best wishes, Natasha.

Poppy Cottage said...

Oh it's beautiful! Very nice!!

Lara Harris said...

Oh WOW!Talk about night & day!Bravo!:)

Pete Bishop said...

Way late to this post, but I LOVE the new door. Do you happen to know who it is made by?

boonie1 said...

Thank you so much for posting this picture. My brick color is almost identical to yours. I was confused until I say your photo. Love it!

boonie1 said...

Thank you so much for posting this picture. My brick color is almost identical to yours. I was confused until I say your photo. Love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dragon's Breath sounds cool, and I think the door from the outside is looking really cool as well with its new color. Your front door is looking really classy, and it compliments well with your brick walls. All things considered, the transformation is really, really impressive!

Li Ayers

Unknown said...

I like how your house transformed. It suddenly became more lively and inviting. Anyway, you chose a good color. Dragon's Breath got along with the bricks. The first coat looked fine, and I guess your second coat made your house look like a little darker. Either way, they're both fine.

Maricela @HomeCraftInc.com

Unknown said...

That's a catchy name for a paint. I love how it looks like, greyish to black and how this color gave your house a newer and fresher appeal. All in all, I can say that you pull offed a success painting project!

-Roosevelt Franklin @ ClearChoiceWin