Monday, March 15, 2010

Darby O'Gill and Hunting Leprechauns

Today I'm joining Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen for the St. Patrick's Day Crawl. Join her over there for all the fun!




This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I try to watch it at least once a year around St. Paddy's Day. I don't know how many times I've seen it. This movie has romance. One of Sean Connery's first movies (He's looking good. :)







I have always loved this song from the movie. It's such a happy song. (Who knew Sean could sing) Listening to this song will really put you in the "Irish" mood.


The movie has ghosts....................


But mostly, it's about Darby, whose goal in life is to catch a leprechaun....... After watching the movie so many times, I think I've become an expert on the wee people.



They are very musical...........






They like to drink....................








They can change shapes..............



And, most important, if you catch one, you get three wishes. (There was something else I'm supposed to remember, but I can't seem to think what it is right now.......hmmmm! )


So, be vewy, vewy quiet, cause I'm hunting me a leprechaun. hehehehe





I'll just follow this trail of shamrocks.



Aha! A leprechaun hat. There must be one close by.....





Here's his house. Hope he's home.





I caught you, old boy!! Now

I want my three wishes. #1 I want your pot of gold.

"Granted! It's yours ," he says. "But I won't tell you where it is" Then my #2 wish is for you to tell me where it is!. "It's at the end of the rainbow, of course", he says. Then my #3 wish is for you to take me there."

"Granted" he says.


And look! Here it is!!!!! "Oh I wish I could share this with all my bloggy friends."



POOF! What happened? The gold disappeared! Now I remember what the movie says about the wishes....."Three wishes I'll grant you, big or small, but if you wish the fourth wish, you lose them all."



Yes, those leprechauns are pretty sneaky fellows. hehehehe


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for stopping by.

















26 comments:

Marigene said...

Great posting...I've been running around here trying to find that leprechaun but he is so elusive...Happy St. Pat's Day!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Fun post my friend...Happy St. Paddy's day to you...gotta go find me pot of gold...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

GardenOfDaisies said...

My children (both college age now) LOVE that movie!! They have watcehd it every year for 19 and 21 years!

Rettabug said...

How fun, D! Great little photos & you tell a story SO well. I was smiling & I'm still listening to the music.

Unknown said...

What a fun post. I remember Darby O'Gill and need to pick it up for my kiddos to see.

Blessings!
Gail

Love Of Quilts said...

I've watched the movie....never knew this was Sean or that he could sang.Enjoyed tha post very much.Trish

Kathleen said...

That was great! You can have the Leprechaun, I just want a bit of gold!
Thanks for joining the party!
Don't cry like a banshee ( a fave expression of my mom) if you don't find the gold...:)

Unknown said...

Fun!

Happy St Patrick's Day from N Ireland :)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Thanks for a great chuckle--Happy Patty's day to you tooo!!!!
Hugs, Di

Foley said...

Cute post - you're right about Sean..looks so good and surprised at his singing!!
You were so nice to wish to share your fortune and then losing it all!! LOL
Happy St. Paddy's !!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh I'm so happy I read this post. I caught myself a Leprechaun today and now I know to watch what I wish for!

Loved this post. Made me smile!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am so enjoying the party. I love that movie too. I don't have it, but will have to check around and see if I can get it. We do watch The Quiet Man every St. Paddy's Day.

Willow

Kammy said...

Such a nice post and so funny ! I love those hats....I should have got one for Mr.Grady Tucker to wear !
Happy St Patty's Day - are you wearing green??
*Pinch*
Kammy

Sevenbeads said...

Thanks for visiting my new blog. I always loved that movie too. I really enjoyed your Barbie Tablescape. So original! My Blogger image is Lily Pulitzer Barbie. Maybe she'll have a table too. Thanks for the idea.

Scribbler said...

I enjoyed your post so much! You obviously put so much time and effort into this, and it shows. Truly some great eye candy!

Scribbler
http://scribbler-unfocused.typepad.com/

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Cute post! I loved it! And Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment. Now I need to ask my leprechaun for my 3 wishes. I'll try not to ask for a 4th though. Happy St Patrick's Day!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I have never seen any of the movies but your post gave me a good giggle!!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

xoxo
Jane

Sonny G said...

oh my goodness. I love this post. I have seen the movie but totally forgotten about it till I saw this.. Now I wish I'd gotten out my disc of The Big Man with john Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.. This was such fun, thank you and thanks for visiting my blog..
Sonny

Barb said...

Hi D, such a delightful post!! Hope your St. Patrick's Day was special.

Barb ♥

Jeanette said...

What a cool post. I was giggling all through it.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such a cute post! Thanks for visiting my table this week and leaving a sweet comment. Happy Spring tomorrow -- so glad it's almost here!

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I loved it. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you. I'm sorry I'm a little late but I wish you rainbows every day ♥

white o'morn cottage said...

What a great post! Love it...Pam (in Ireland)

Bunny Jean said...

I haven't seen that movie in years. I didn't know it was Sean Connery! Guess I was to young to be impressed.

I loved reading this post and looking at the cute pictures.

I see that quite a few bloggers, including me, caught leprechauns this year... I was lucky enough to get his gold!

Talk to you later ;)
Bunny Jean

White O'Morn Cottage said...

Hi again, I have just added you to my sidebar. Love your blog and will be back later today to catch up on all your older ones! Cheers Pam at White O'Morn Cottage, Ireland.

Cyndi said...

OH my gosh I loved that movie I think that was the first movie that I got to go to without my parents! I thought it was the greatest thing ever!!!