Monday, February 8, 2010

Hairwashing Day

Hello, Bloggy Friends! Remember these things? Remember trying to sleep in these things? And, I had a hair net just like that, too. hehehehehehe



I washed and rolled Mom's hair the other day, and the grandgirls both wanted their's done, too.
(I'm so glad I got this picture. I know I will love it always :)


Jamie

Peyton


Even Mr. Bear had to get into the act. hehehehehe



Well, that "fun" wore off fast. "Can I take my rollers out now, Grandmother?" :)
Thanks for letting me shamelessly sneak some granddaughter pics in. I loved having you stop by.
D









7 comments:

Jeanette said...

What precious photos. You will treasure these forever. Those babies look so cute and Mr. Bear also.

CACHANILLA73 said...

Soo cute!! what a blessings,3 generations together.

Love Of Quilts said...

I do remember the rollers and still have them but don't use them.You have darling granddaughters.

Anonymous said...

Hi D! Oh, how cute! I love these pictures. Yes, I had that hairnet too and the rollers with those prickly brushes that bit into my tiny head! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

AH Yes--I remember those rollers and hair nets---every single night I wore them to bed--however did we sleep back then????
Love the photos and thanks for the memories!!!
Hugs, Di

nannykim said...

I got a real chuckle out of this post. I surely rembember the old rollers!! I even experimented a while back with the foam kind too. I also used to put them in my dolls' hair.. Ha!

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

What a great post! I loved seeing your beautiful granddaughters and your sweet mom. (I had to do a double-take because your mom looks a lot like my late paternal grandmother.)

I was a teenager in the late 60's and early 70's (shhhh...don't tell anyone) and it was very "in" to roll your hair on empty concentrated orange juice cans for body but no curl. Try sleeping on orange juice cans! I did it EVERY night. Thank goodness there are curling irons now!