Sunday, April 7, 2013

Adding Color to the Patio

Hi! My patio was in bad need of some sprucing up for Spring, so when I saw these cushions at Walmart, I grabbed them.

I've had this good ole swing for over 30 years, and I love it too much to get a new one. I could never find the right size cushions for it, so this year, I discovered that I could get two chair cushions and use them.  They are also reversible.

The swing needs painting badly. I got this idea to add greenery to the top, from a local flower shop.


I also got the umbrella to match. My red one was so faded, I couldn't stand it. Hope this one doesn't fade. Anybody know of how to keep it from fading?


I also added some more touches of color around.


Birdhouse from Lowes









So thanks for stopping by to see me today. This is the rear of the house. To the right is the sunroom I added when I moved here.

Here's what it used to look like before I added the patio.
Ah! Much Better!!!
I'm joining Susan for "Met Monday" Thanks, Susan.


14 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love the red's!
And your patio looks so charming now, great job!
Cindy

Paula@SweetPea said...

I love the pop of color the red gives to your patio. Walmart has the cutest things!

Jay said...

Wow the patio looks wonderful, red is my favourite colour I love the cushions and umbrella.

craftyles said...

That umbrella is lovely. The colors are great. Love that it matches your cute swing. I would never get rid of that either. So glad you added your sunroom-what a huge improvement.Can I come over for a lemonade?

Shanee said...

Very pretty! The colors are so pretty...perfect happy place for relaxing. Thanks for sharing.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

This is beautiful. What a good eye you have and a great job you did.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

It is so cheerful! I would love to sit there and swing.

XO,

Sheila

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I loved looking at your porch pictures. Those cushions go perfect on your swing. What a delightful swing that is. I can see why you've had it for so long. I usually end up getting a new umbrella every couple of years because they break, so I'm not sure how to preserve them. I love this red one with the bright flowers. Your back yard looks so peaceful. And I have the exact same little bird on your Header, only it's orange.

A happy week to you,
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Jenny said...

This is beautiful! I bought new vinyl tablecloths for my porch tables this morning - a yearly spring tradition. I need to paint some acceosories too but I just cannot decide what color to paint them.

Stacey said...

Hi Donna! I was wondering where you were. You've been busy. Your patio looks great and I love the bright colors you've chosen. It's looking like a happy spot. Your yard is huge. Do you take care of all of that by yourself?

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

So cheery and fun! I can imagine you and your family will be having a lot of great times this summer on it!

Kerrie said...

I love the birdhouses!!

Unknown said...

Nice job,, love the reds and that is a cute bird house and lovely vintage table runner.

Lynnie

wendy said...

I really like your swing and I love all the bright colors! I just found your blog and am enjoying it! Have a wonderful Day!!